I’ve had long hair for a long time. When I was younger, like elementary and middle school, it was long and then sometime in high school I decided to chop it off… Now it’s long again and longer than it has ever been. I’m actually really proud of myself. I’ve been growing it out in hopes of donating it to Locks of Love and then still having long hair when that’s done – I don’t know how long that’ll be but I feel so close!
While this has been growing longer and longer each day (night), I’ve come across some struggles and cool things (I call greatness) regarding the experience and endeavor. Here are my lists:
- Getting hair stuck in the car door on the daily
- How? Not sure. In Oklahoma, the constant wind does not help this situation 🙂
- I can’t even brush all of my hair most days
- My arms are not like they once were… I get that I’m only now inching toward MID-20s… but I’m all the time popping my arm and hurting something LOL
- TANGLES SO EASILY
- Again, long hair and wind and life are not a good combo
- It’s not only all the way to the bottom of my back, but also thick and heavy (can’t tell until I get it cut and thinned, really)
- It’s probably where my extra few pounds are coming from….
- Under the arm issues…
- No, not that arm hair 😅 but like my hair gets stuck under my arms somehow and I’m like HOW? If this hasn’t ever happened to you, thennnn you don’t know this awkward feeling. It’s awkward. LOL
- Having the hair stylist wash thy hair
- BEST. FEELING. EVER. If you haven’t had your hair washed at a salon, DO IT.
- When I have someone brush my hair
- Talking to you grandma! She’s the best.
- Having freshly washed hair flowing down my back
- “IT’S SO FLUFFY” -Despicable Me
- Growing what God gave me and taking care of it
- Obviously 🙂
God knows how many hairs are on my head… I’d be interested in knowing that number and knowing how many hairs I have to brush through on the daily. ASTRONOMICAL.
And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.Luke 12:7
And isn’t long hair a woman’s pride and joy? For it has been given to her as a covering.1 Corinthians 11:15
I want gray hair someday:
Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained by living a godly life.Proverbs 16:31
Now my lists may indicate more struggles than not… but I still wouldn’t trade my hair that God has given me for anything!
Do you have long hair as well? What are your struggles or greatness?
If you’re interested in a similar rant of mine, I will direct you to the blog post titled Summer Needs to Chill 🙂