Yesterday, I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Sally from 18CinemaLane !! I’m pretty new to the blogging world and I happily accept my very first award! Thank you, Sally, for nominating me for the Liebster Award 🙂
Before I go any further, I must share the rules of the Liebster Award. These are:
- Thank the nominator in your award post
- Place the award logo somewhere on your blog
- You must state 11 facts about yourself
- Complete the 11 questions that your nominator provided
- Nominate as many bloggers as you’d like (11 is the maximum)
- Ask your nominees a series of question (11 is the maximum)
Now that I have completed steps one and two, it’s time to move on to step three! I asked my grandma, what are 11 facts about me? And she started saying things like smart, pretty, you have long hair, etc. NOT WHAT I NEED, but here is my list of facts:
- I’m obsessed with Jesus Christ and love learning about His greatness.
- I’ve been out of college for a year and I probably won’t go back for a master’s degree. *shrug*
- Love watching hockey with my dad. Dallas vs Florida is in town next weekend and we. will. be. there.
- My favorite things on TV are Golden Girls and Hallmark Channel.
- I own my dream car already so that’s off my bucket list.
- My job is in the oil and gas industry and it’s pretty cool… since I live in the former oil capital of the world and all.
- I don’t like drinking plain water, but it’s the only thing that won’t kill me (unless I drown…) so that’s where I am in life. Jk, I’m just cutting down on sugar and everything I really like has sugar in it. *facepalm*
- If I could have bacon and pepperoni on everything, I would. I’ve already put them in salads before. Really good.
- I really like to draw and I mostly draw trees because it’s near impossible for me to mess those up at this point. I’d really like to draw more people or cars but that’s a struggle – I don’t practice either.
- When I was younger, I played violin and the alto saxophone in school. I took guitar lessons and I played piano but never took lessons.
- You probably know by now, but I read all the time and have enough books to stock a small library. I’ve started putting them in an inventory spreadsheet to keep track. I’m in the hundreds…
It’s time for me to answer Sally’s questions! Here is my list of answers!
If you could go back in time, what movie mistake would you fix? Ummm, I’m not sure. I can’t think of anything off the top of my head. Although I do see quite a lot of those little things like maybe in one moment the woman would have a necklace on and the next it’s off… obviously a different “take” LOL
What is your idea of brightening someone’s day? I like giving cards or little notes to people – leaving them when they’re not looking or when I’m leaving so I won’t see them open it!
What was the last book you read? With This Pledge by Tamera Alexander
Which sequel do you think is better than the predecessor? That’s a tough one because it’s hard for me to get into series unless I have to… television or books included.
Is there any error in the world of blogging that you have commonly seen? I struggled at the beginning of my blogging life… I didn’t think I had anything to blog about and I also didn’t blog every week. I gained motivation and inspiration to get it going oveer this past summer and have been going strong since.
Have you ever participated in a blogathon? If so, which one was your favorite? I have not! Sounds interesting.
Who was the first blogger to follow your blog? Um, by email, my friend Kelsi! By WordPress blogger, Bridget A. Thomas.
What is your least favorite post you’ve ever written? Anything from my first full year probably LOL it was so bad…
Are there any pleasant surprises that you encountered in 2019 so far? If so, what is it? I can’t think of anything in the way of surprises but maybe I got a raise and wasn’t notified once? LOL
What advice would you give to make the blogging community better? Promote positivity and engagement!
What is your blog related wish for 2020? To grow in consistency and maybe be able to draw more in order to post those here as well!
- Bridget from Bridget A. Thomas
- Daniel from Daniel’s Deliberations
- Lizy from Lizy is Trying
- Steve from Courageous Christian Father
- Dawn from Drawing Closer to Christ
Finally, my questions for my nominees:
- How did you first get into blogging?
- How do you want to improve yourself in the next year? (Blogging or personal??)
- What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?
- What was your worst subject in school?
- What takes up the most of your time?
- How different is as your life one year ago?
- Where is the most relaxing place you’ve ever been?
- What TV show or movie do you refuse to watch?
- What are you looking forward to in the coming months?
- What could you give a 40minute presentation on with no prep at all?
- If you had unlimited funds, but you could only eat the same breakfast, same lunch and same dinner for the rest of your life, what three meals would they be?
Thank you for stopping by! Thanks again to Sally for this nomination and support.